The post title sounds good, does not it? Biscuits which do not contain an unhealthy ingredient, perfect for breakfast or an evening snack with milk or tea (milk and cookies are my favorite confort food). Definitely don’t cause remorse after munching. These biscuits are also the first cookies that I created myself, from skratch, without combining other recipes – so we just darlinthey are dear to meand I will certainly do them frequently :)
A little about the recipe: Crunchy oatmeal, ground almonds instead of flour, figs for sweetness and orange zest for aroma – this is the basis. For softness I added a little butter, whole wheat flour and baking powder. Dark chocolate on top is there because I love chocolate, and a step forward would be that I remembered to use chocolate with orange flavor, which I’ll do next time. When they are baked, the biscuits are a little hard, but if you keep them in a tin box, after a few hours they’ll be soft, and the other day ideal. I hope you like them, here’s the recipe…
- 150 g oat flakes
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 50 g butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- zest of one orange
- 100 g finely chopped dried figs
- 4 tablespoons (about 60 g) agave syrup
- (could be brown sugar, but put 100 g)
- 50 g of dark chocolate for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, and line pan with baking paper.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and unite them with your hands. The batter will be slightly sticky and quite soft. Use your hands to form biscuits in any shape desired (round, square, oblong ...).
- Bake 10 minutes, until golden.
- If you want, you can decorate them with chocolate as I did. Melt the chocolate in a microwave (take out every 15 seconds and stir so it does not heat up too much - and do so until it melts) or on steam (in the bowl you put on top of a larger bowl with boiling water). Pour the melted chocolate over the cookies using a spoon (from a higher level) or put it in an ordinary freezer bag with one edge cut off - this is used instead of pastry bags to decorate.
- Allow to cool and store in a tin box. Bon appetit!