My friend Martina (hello, Martina :) brought me some homemade fresh cheese the other day with a request to make and publish a recipe with it – because she no longer knows what to make or bake with it. No problem, challenge accepted :)
I found these rolls in several places, and the author is Tamara from the blog Bite my cake. First time I’ve worked with the original recipe and I loved it, but later I modified it a bit – replaced the flour with whole wheat, reduced the amount of fat and changed some spices. I always do a half of the mixture and I always make them without filling them – but you can fill them with anything: cheese, ham, butter with spices, boiled eggs and cucumbers …
Just for info – I’ve still got a lot of cheese, there will be more recipes these days :)
- 100 g flour
- 150 g whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 baking powder
- 120 g cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 50 ml milk
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- spices such as dried basil, cumin and oregano or
- flax seeds or sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, and line the pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour and baking powder on your counter, and then add all the other intgredients and knead a soft dough. Add flour as needed to get the dough not to stick to the surface.
- Roll into a round shape and a thickness of about half a centimeter. Cut into 8 or 16 equal triangles (judge for yourself, and if you don't like the sizes, knead the dough again). Roll each triangle from the base to the top.
- Mix the egg yolk, milk and pepper and coat each roll with it. Sprinkle with spices or seeds if desired. I used oregano and basil and they smelled like pizza rolls :)
- If you want, you can roll up the ends inward or leave the roll s+straight. Bake for 20 minutes until nicely brown. When they are done, wrap them in a cloth for 15 minutes to soften slightly. Thats it, enjoy :)