So, I really like cookies. And coconut. And especially cookies with coconut :) Lately I started to explore healthier versions of cakes and especially cookies. I like what you can with dry fruits, natural sweeteners, dark chocolate, butter and flour from whole grains. In order for them to be completely healthy, I still need to change a few things, but this seems like a good start.
I came up with these by accident, but after the first tasting it was decided they should become our home biscuits – you know, those which you always have around to nibble on when you need something sweet or you take when you have no time for breakfast and can eat on the way to work. But their best purposeis that they are an ideal comfort food! We all have something that makes our problems seem a bit smaller. For me, these are two things: cocoa and cookies dipped in milk. These coconut cookies are perfect precisely in this combination, and have only one flaw – they disappear quickly! :)
P.S. Doesn’t every girl want to have a Manchester United cookie container? Thanks, roomie :)
- 80g ground almonds
- 80 g coconut flour (I grind it a bit)
- 60 g muscovado sugar
- 60 g wholemeal flour
- 60 g butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, and line the pan with parchment paper.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and knead with your fingers until you get a uniform, solid mixture.
- Make walnut-sized balls and shape them as you like (they will grow a bit in the oven).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool and keep in an airtight container. Enjoy without guilt!