Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For me definitively. I always enjoy it the most, and I try for it to always be healthy and big. But sometimes you just need to treat yourself…
Blackberry mascarpone pancakes
A delicious breakfast
For 10 small pancakes you will need
- 2 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 2 bags of vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 ml milk
- 120 ml mineral water
- oil for frying
For the blackberry sauce
- 200 g blackberries (frozen ones are fine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- freshly squeezed juice of one lemon
- + 150 g mascarpone
- Beat the eggs with vanilla sugar and cinnamon. Add other ingredients and mix well with a whisk or electric mixer. Sprinkle a little bit of oil in a frying pan and when it gets hot pour a small amount of the mixture to get pancakes with a diameter of about 10 cm. When they're done on one side (they will rise a bit), turn them and cook on the other side, for about 30 seconds.
- Put the blackberries with all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook on low heat until soft and until the sugar and starch are dissolved.
- Spread a spoon of mascarpone cheese on each pancake and sprinkle with blackberry sauce. Bon appetit!
Like Chocolate http://www.likechocolate.net/