I have already announced that this would happen and finally it’s time to show you what I worked on the last month I had 100 recipes in Croatian and English to edit) . Maybe to it someone doesn’t seem like a big deal, but to me it deffinitely is – a brand new Life tastes like chocolate!
New platftorm wordpress), new design, new colors, logo, image dimensions, navigation at the top of the screen, classification – and completely separate page in Croatian – are the most important changes. Actually, everything is different, at least to me – except for the most important, my posts and recipes associated with them. As time passes, the love of cooking and photography in me grow, and I felt it was time for improvements in the presentation of what I do. It itched me for a while, and then I received a final confirmation when a colleague made it clear how much more opportunities WP offers for bloggers. I’m still discovering them! What is best about this site is the fact that I did it myself. These are my choices, my colors, my logo, my texts – a reflection of me, and I even programmed a bit ;)
A few things that I’d like to draw your attention to:
- navigation – ie, columns, list of recipes , contact etc is on top of the page, above the logo
- under the logo, at the top of the page are the latest posts
- the slider in the middle of the page will alternate current topics – now it’s bread , and in a few months there might be Christmas cakes etc.
- Useful Tools section is not yet completed – it will get a number of articles with useful tips for cooking, decorating food, equipment procurement, etc.
- some articles have a photo gallery so you can see the photos if you click on them
- recipes are now displayed at the bottom of each post, you can immediately print them or save to your computer
- buttons for liking and shareing on Facebook etc are now on the bottom of the article
- anyone can leave a comment at the bottom of the post, type in the nickname, accurate e- mail and, if you have, your website – I look forward to your comments!
- in the right hand column you will find links to blogs that I follow and love – there are quite a lot, and here they are displayed in random order so every time you’ll see some other
That’s it. Work on the site continues, because I’m a perfectionist and always slightly changing things. I’m having fun :) During this process I have had several questionmarks over my head where my colleagues helped – thanks to Nebojsa and Dusko for their help!
And a big thanks to my roommate, I don’t know how you can be so patient when I’m buried in the ‘design ‘ and ‘ writing’ … I love you !
And this recipe is so perfect for days just like mine, when you do a lot of work, and a little sleep – tasty and healthy balls of dried fruits abound in good energy, and do not contain sugar or bad fats. They are very tasty, if you like dried fruit. My mom makes similar truffles for Christmas every year. Phew, for that matter, who knows how my mom will like the new blog, I’m nervous …
Let me know how you like it, I’d love to hear comments. And below is a recipe foran instant injection of energy! :)
- 100 g dried figs
- 100 g prunes
- 30 g ground almonds + some for coating
- 30 g dried cranberries
- grated zest od 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 4-5 tablespoons of water
- ground almonds or 100 g dark chocolate
- Cut the dried fruit into small pieces and soak in water for 15 min,
- Grind it in a blender or with a stick-blender, then add all the other ingredients and mix
- Make walnut-sized balls and coat them with some ground almonds or dip into melted dark chocolate
- Put in the fridge to cool and squeeze a bit and enjoy!