Besides myself, I don’t know a single person who prefers white chocolate to milk chocolate. I know, I know, it ‘s not even real chocolate, blah blah – but I really love it! As I get older, I’m more and more inclined towards the dark sort (but not more than 75 % cocoa, please – it can not be eaten), because of the taste, because of the impact on health – but still sometimes I have to recourse to my long-time companion in white :)
You already notices, most of the recipes here are first-timers for me (because of that, my recipes are simple) – I also never made a chocolate mousse before. I don’t know why, but somehow it did not come to order. I know it is not difficult to make and that people really love it, but I prefer desserts like panna cotta or say lemon cream. But autumn is the time when I become a hedonist, start fantasizing about evenings spent on the couch under a blanket (it’s nice to have my roommate with me) with a cup of cocoa or a chocolate muffin – or say a decadent chocolate mousse (do you see a pattern – chocolate in everything :).
This mousse is heavenly but I must warn you that it is quite sweet – maybe you can even skip adding sugar. Also , you can make it from dark chocolate, it could be event better. And it’s very important – be careful what kind of eggs you use, here they are practically raw and must be fresh.
Otherwise, the original recipe is by Lorraine Pascale (only with dark chocolate) – I’m not taking credit for something that is not mine!
Clicking on the thumbnails will show you more photos :)
- 200 g white chocolate
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 eggs, separate the yolk and egg white
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Break the chocolate into cubes.
- Heat the cream almost to a boil and pour it over the chocolate. Do not mix.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg whites till soft peaks and then add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Now mix the cream with chocolate until everything is even. When it cools a bit, add the egg yolks and stir.
- Slowly pour the chocolate into the egg whites and mix with a spatula, making sure as little air as possible comes in.
- Pour into glasses and chill at least 1 hour. Serve with fruit or whipped cream. Bon appetit!