What to write in a post with this picture? You understand that these muffins are too good – right? These are perhaps the best chocolate muffins ever, although I more or less say the same thing about each chocolate muffin I’ve ever tasted…
I know you adore chocolate. I know – because I love it, and because I don’t know anybody who doesn’t (with a few exceptions). When I saw the photo of these muffins on Instagram when it was made by my favorite blogger Linda Lomelino, I knew that I must try them as soon as possible. This is one of those recipes that don’t go on the ‘to do’ list – no, this recipe goeas on the ‘try instantly’ list!
All recepies I ever tried from Linda’s blog were great. Often with foreign bloggers I really don’t like loooong recipes with too much butter and sugar (I’m terrified of buttercream despite its positive characteristics), but hers are the recipes exactly to my liking. There are always those ‘over the top’ cakes you must make sometimes – because you only live once – but in principle her style of cooking is very similar to mine. I kept to her recipe, except that I put yogurt instead of buttermilk, just because I didn’t have it at home.
I recommend you to try the recipe. The muffins are juicy, soft and filling, and one half will be more than enough for you. They are not too sweet, especially if you use dark chocolate with lots of cocoa. Let me know how you like them!
- 150 g flour
- 40 g of dark cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 150 g sugar
- 50g melted butter
- 125 g yogurt
- 1 egg
- 75 g of dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, and put paper baskets in the muffin tin.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar, butter, yogurt and egg.
- Then add wet ingredients to dry ones and mix gently just until combined.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and add 3/4 to the mixture .
- Fill paper cups almost to the top, sprinkle each with the rest of the chocolate and bake for about 18 min. Try with a toothpick if the muffins are done - it must come out almost clean.
- Cool and enjoy with a little milk, bon apettit!