Maybe it’s a bit strange, but up to a few days ago I had never tried dried cherries. Cranberries, bananas, plums, apricots, pineapples, apples, etc. regularly find their way into my kitchen, but I missed the cherries and quite by accident I found them the other day in Lidl on sale and bought them. They are very tasty to me so I immediately used them in several recipes.
Biscuits with cocoa, enriched with dried cherries and chopped almonds are ideal for dipping in milk while covered with a blanket and watching a good movie. Cocoa gives a full flavor and fills the mouth, cherries provide acidity and a dose of surprise, and almonds are responsible for the chrunchiness. Unusaul, dark, concrete, tasty :)
- 150 f flour
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 80 g obutter
- 1 egg
- 75 g brown (or white) sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 70 g dried cherries or cranberries
- 30 g chopped almonds
- icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Best is to mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the butter and mix it with your hands with the flour so you get a crumbly mixture. Then add honey, egg and fruit and knead the dough on a floured surface. It will be quite hard.
- Roll it out to about 0.5 cm thick and cut shapes that you want. Line the tin lined with baking paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and store in a tin box.
- The next day preheat a cup of milk, find a good movie and enjoy the sweet and warm evening :)