I love to find a recipe that I want to make right away. This one I saw on Tina’s Facebook page and in 20 minutes the cookies were baked. Wonderful!
I’m addicted to cookies and coconut is one of my favorite flavors so this recipe really hit the right spot. I made a small batch for the first time, so I got only eight pieces- which didn’t even last till the next day. What that means is – my roommate quite liked them too :) Thanks to Tina for the recipe – the original is here – I’ve made minor modifications.
Please click on the thumbnails to see more photos…
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- half tablespoon of lime juice
- 75 g icing sugar
- grated zest of one lime
- 1.5 tablespoon cocoa
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 70 g coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, and line the pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the egg whites with the salt till soft peaks. Then add the lime juice and zest, and little by little sugar, mix all the time till you get a firm meringue. Sift the cocoa, coconut and flour and slowly and carefully fold in the egg whites with a spatula.
- Using and ice cream spoon place equal amounts of the mixture on a baking sheet. You can also make little balls with your hands.
- Bake for 10 minutes, the cookies should still be slightly soft when you remove them from the oven. Cool and keep in an airtight container until you're ready to eat them - that is, very briefly :) Enjoy!